Wednesday 21 March 2018

Study Task 5

Over the course of the module, I plan to investigate how the social context affects the fear factor within Horror Movies. I believe this is an interesting subject, as horror movies have adapted and changed a lot since the classics of the 30s to 50s. I am wondering if this is due to the change in times, and whether or not it is affected in any way by the oversaturation in the market of these type of films, and whether the amount of jump scares makes a better horror movie than the classics which I believe rely on tension and atmosphere to do.

I have started this research by using books and watching movies in order to better understand these movies. My final outcome, mainly will include a character design for a classic horror movie in their classic form and also a version of themselves modernised into a present day version. Over the course of my sketchbook I want to explore colour and composition to see if this creates an effective character or not. I also want to look at the backgrounds to see if these have any effect on atmosphere and tension. The overall outcome will be put into a 1 second animation where I will switch between the 2 different versions of the characters I have redesigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment