Wednesday 21 March 2018

Where i'm at now?

Study Task 7

Primary Research: Watching these movies and writing my own notes and analysis between these movies and their effectiveness of being scary. 




Secondary research: 

Books:
  • ·      A rough Guide to Horror Movies (Alan Jones, 2005, Rough Guides Ltd)
  • ·      Horror Cinema (Taschen, 2017, BiblioTecha Universalis)
  • ·      Why Horror Seduces (Mathias Clasen, Oxford University Press)

Media and Processes: I have decided to use the medium of gauche and digital paint to display some of my own work, which is studies of some scenes from Horror movies and paintings. 





I I began by watching these movies, and analysing how scary and atmospheric they were. I then moved on to reading some of the wider context and information about how these movies were made. I then decided that all of the movies I watched used colour particularly well, and wanted to see if I could create effective studies using just 5 of their colours in both digital and traditional paint. I surmise that it was effective at getting the atmosphere across, but not as well as it would have been had I done super detailed paintings. This I did to see which colour palette I could potentially use in my own character design. 








No comments:

Post a Comment