Tuesday 20 March 2018

COP Sketchbook - Looking at Backgrounds

For this section of my sketchbook, I have skipped over some more paint studies and research to go into this more relevant section, I wanted to look at setting and backgrounds. In my sketchbook I have made mood boards and looked at specific sets and paintings that relate to gothic imagery, a lot of Tim Burton and a lot of sets from the original Dracula films. This I decided was necessary for design and animated version, as the setting can add a lot to the character. For this I made 2 backgrounds with different colour palettes. These were to fit with the 2 different versions I want to design. the first being a classic, 1930s Dracula, based on Belo Lugosi, and the present day 2018 Dracula which is completely designed by me.



Personally I believe the classic one is a lot more effective at getting the mood across as it represents and shows the colours that a gothic setting would stereotypically have.

No comments:

Post a Comment