Tuesday 20 March 2018

Research- Finding Books, Lookin' at Movies

When I think of Horror movies, the first thing that comes to mind for me is the original Godzilla film, I also think of the classic universal monsters such as dracula, frankenstein's monster and the mummy. I also think of new style horror movies such as Paranormal activity and friday the 13th, these sort of films, all films which have been remade with multiple sequels. Last year for COP I looked at unnecessary reboots and remakes, so I feel like it would be interesting to explore something similar but using Horror movies and how they have changed from the 1930s.

I started by looking in the library and at Waterstones, to see about any books I could find that have information about Horror movies, and their development specifically. In the Uni Library I found a few books that could help with the history of the Horror industry, and about Belo Lugosi, the Hammer Horror era and I found a book at Waterstones which I bought regarding the ethics of Horror movies of different times and how they were made at the time. I think the films I am going to focus on is the Godzilla films, and films following the character of "Count Dracula", this can be anything from Nosferatu (1922) to Dracula Untold (2014). The books I found I will list below as they will help me with my research.

Books:


·      A rough Guide to Horror Movies (Alan Jones, 2005, Rough Guides Ltd)
·      Horror Cinema (Taschen, 2017, BiblioTecha Universalis)



Useful Websites:


Julia Layton "How Fear Works" 13 September 2005.
HowStuffWorks.com. <https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/fear.htm> 25 January 2018
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/horror_of_dracula/

No comments:

Post a Comment