Tuesday 20 March 2018

Cop Sketchbook - Some Painting

Before starting on my character designs, I wanted to have a practice at doing some digital and practical painting using only the colour scripts I had made. This was purely for practice reasons seeing if I could create the image effectively using the specific colour palette, so I am not afraid to admit there is some heavy reference going on in some of them.

The task proved challenging as using only 5 specific limits greatly what you are able to do. As is shown below, it is hard to really capture the likeness, especially in the case of the more modern studies. This is something I am going to have to consider when designing my own version as I imagine I will have to take some sort of artistic liberty and add some colours here and there.







No comments:

Post a Comment