Wednesday 26 April 2017

Evaluation of COP1

Throughout COP1, my main issue has definitely been time management. Towards the start of the year it would be a lie to say I had engaged fully with the module, and I would often prioritise other, smaller modules over COP. Therefore I found that a lot of things I was doing, I would rush so that I could move on to do another module's work over COP's. However when I started engaging I found that what I was researching/writing about actually interested me very much, and I started prioritising COP a lot more.

Therefore I feel like I was my own worst enemy in a sense, there was no personal problems that got in the way of working on COP other than my own poor judgement and time management. I attended the lecture programme every week, save for 3 times, which were unavoidable, however, I personally did not find them useful to my own practice, although I understood the relevance of them. My blog for the lectures was poor, because I would often prioritise other things and then ran out of time to catch up. Although I did not find the lectures particularly useful to my own practice, it would be unfair to say that I had not learnt anything in Cop. I learnt about some of the weirder history behind animation, and a lot of the political and social views of society regarding animation.

In COP two, I am hoping that the lecture program will be more focused towards animation in particular, as it feels very vague to me personally, however people seem to find it useful for their practice so I suppose it is just down to personal preference. In future however, I will be sure to make more notes, and keep up to date on my lecture blog as well, to make sure I do not fall behind, and I will attempt again to try and put some of the things in the lectures to practice in my own work, however I feel as though the lectures are much more tailored to someone doing graphic design or illustration than animation, and I feel there is a lot to be learned about animation from our tutors and lecturers that you would not get from say reading a book or watching a documentary about it.

To conclude, in future I need to work on my time management, as it has let me down once again, as I would like to say in every instance, that there is nothing more I could have done, but that is not the case for this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment