Tuesday 25 April 2017

CoP book - Unnecessary movies

This is actually the final section of my CoP sketchbook, which seems almost sad as it has been so long in the making. This final section, was inspired by my 2nd essay, analysing the movie "Minions", the sequel to Despicable Me. The point of this section of my book, was to highlight to the point of movies being more readily accessible, and therefore a long list of garbage movies, which are poorly written can come to the forefront, by nothing more than a well known studio. I used examples such as "The Boss Baby" and "Ice Age 5".

I feel as though these movies are the exact meaning of Adorno's quote "Movies and Radio need no longer be art" because these movies have no passion or artistic relevance, they merely use a high budget and cheap writing to make it into the cinema. So I will repeat the opening line of my first essay to close off my sketchbook blog posts, "Has mass media lost it's way?"

No comments:

Post a Comment