Monday 24 April 2017

Creative Creature Design (sketchbook)

Going from my last post, I have struck a new idea that has allowed me to consider my proposal for COP 2.

When I was researching into old film making, it occured to me that I could include the difference between old creature design and modern creature design. I felt as though creature's are more accessible in movies nowadays due to digital production, and therefore i wanted to show that the charm and originality is significantly lacking in the design element because they re use the same look over and over, rather than creating new and interesting monsters.

Monsters in older films were handled with a lot of care and attention because it was a lot harder to intergrate into a movie. I am thinking that I want to follow this path into CoP 2, and look into the evolution of the monster genre of movie, and how it has developed over time, and whether or not it has also become over produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment