Tuesday 25 April 2017

COP book - Strong female characters

This will be a relatively short post, just explaining the new few steps in my CoP sketchbook, about strong female characters, and how they relate to my essays. In my essays I talk about the movie Ghostbusters (2016) and how it uses an already well established movie to create it's character's but with an all female lead. I wanted to show that it is possible to write strong female characters, without relying on the mythos of something else which is already established, and it is lazy writing to change a character to female just to seem "progressive". Another example is "The Mistress" from Doctor Who, who was a male character, and is now female, and just used a character that was years developed, and changed their gender just to seem more politically correct.

I feel as though it is better to create a strong female character rather than use an already existing one, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the character, as they cant stand on their own two legs, and instead have to rely on something already established.

No comments:

Post a Comment