Monday 17 December 2018

The Last Post

A Summary 

I have a lot to say about how I handled this project, it was definitely a learning curve, and in reflection, my research influenced my practical first and my essay second, so you could say I did it the opposite way than was recommended. I do believe that the project was successful, and I learnt a lot from my research.

Most Useful Sources 

My most useful sources came from contacting practitioners, I made a lot of contacts in this module, and each supplied me with different answers. This was incredibly useful as it meant I had to triangulate all my knowledge into one coherent essay and practical response. My most useful sources were "Storyboarding: A Critical History" by Chris Pallant and Steven Price, and "Grammar of the Shot". These supplied the basics on contextualising storyboarding as a process, and base cinematography knowledge which is key to any storyboard artist.

What I would have done differently 

If I were to redo this project, I would definitely have started my essay sooner, however due to my nature I ended up going down a rabbit hole of books, where I would find some knowledge, and then find another book specifically to do with what I had found. I have read a lot of books this module, and I should have sifted through the unnecessary stuff first, and started my essay. In many ways my practical came first, which is natural as a practitioner, but I feel as though my writing may have suffered due to putting this practical first in places. I somewhat feel as though the extensive research which I carried out was not shown to it's fullest potential in my essay, but my development in my practical should back up the knowledge which was gained through this research module.

No comments:

Post a Comment