Sunday 9 December 2018

A Lotta Practical

I will start off this week by saying I gained some great responses from Bianca Ansems, a freelance storyboard artist. She gave some really helpful tips which I took on board and have referenced in my essay.

In terms of practical, I have made a lot of progress this week, making a lot of different boards for different reasons. My first board was a Godzilla board, my main goal with this was to make a readable, clear storyboard, that a VFX artist could use as reference to make a finished VFX shot.


My next board, I decided not to make another main storyboard just yet, I decided instead to make a few test panels, just to test my base knowledge, and see how I have developed through my research at this point in the year. I will put all of these panels below, some are meant for live action, some for animation, hopefully this is readable when you see them. There is perspective tests, and framing, as well as camera movement tests.






My next shot, is something different, for this panel, I wanted to go for a key frame shot. This is when a board artist, will make a quick few key frames using the actual style that the final film will be in. This is purely to capture colour, and is as close to a final thing you will get from a storyboard panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment